After a week off, Feedback is back on TheFeed with a new crew, but the same great recipe passed down through my family for generations. We spent the last two weeks playing Halo 3: ODST, which thanks to Tokyo Game Show and other related shenanigans, we're a little late to the party on. But considering that every time we put up a story concerning ODST it gets at least 50 comments, something tells me it's still worth talking about. To quote Adam Sessler, "Halo just generates reactions." Indeed.
Also on this week's party chat:
- Sega's "spy tactical RPG thinger" (as Patrick puts it) Alpha Protocol has been delayed until 2010. It seems everyone but Sega PR saw this coming a mile away...what's going on over there, and why is Adam getting flashbacks to high school dating?
- You can't write a news story about Activision these days without an element of absurdity involved. This week brought us the news that the publisher was staunchly against Infinity Ward modernizing Call of Duty, preferring to take the advice of their spreadsheets that said World War II was still super hot. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find coded messages in Modern Warfare 2's credits that say "CONDITIONS TERRIBLE, SEND HELP AND SUPPLIES."
- Adam wants a pony for Christmas. We're in the process of setting up a donation fund, get your checkbooks ready.
- Nintendo's new "Super Guide" feature that's being introduced in New Super Mario Bros. Wii seems like an affront to the hardcore, but is it really? The crew debates the actual merits of digital hand-holding.
- A reader from the 11th century asks whether he should get Uncharted 2 or Brutal Legend next week. The answer? "It depends." Glad we could help make your decision.
- Did Bungie squander the potential of New Mombasa by making the ODST's hub world boring? Some experts say "maybe," others aren't so sure.
Feedback: Making obscure musical references since 2009.
Go Space Crazy and subscribe: