If you follow the twitters on your internet machine, you can find out a lot of interesting information before anyone else, and that will make you the King of the Neighborhood! (depending on your neighbors, of course.)
Today's info: The voice cast for Modern Warfare 2. A tweet from Infinity Ward has confirmed the following peeps for the game:
- Kevin McKidd: He plays Dr. Owen Hunt on Grey's Anatomy, and he was also the star of Made of Honor.
- Craig Fairbrass: Has a resume that dates back to 1980, where he appeared as Darth in something called Shelley. He was also Parker in Uwe Boll's Far Cry movie. You know him as Gaz in Call of Duty 4.
- Barry Pepper: Pepper starred in John Travolta's Battlefield Earth. He was also in The Green Mile, Flags of our Fathers and lent his voice to Prototype.
- Keith David: David provided the voice of Julius in Saints Row 2, as well as starring in Disco Godfather, which I must see immediately. Frank Meyer and I have been discussing the awesomeness of Keith David for a good hour. He was in John Carpenter's The Thing and They Live. He was in Crash. He voiced The Arbiter in Halo 3 and 2. He's awesome.
- Glenn Morshower: Morshower played Aaron Pierce in 24, and starred as Colonel Sharp in both the Transformer movies.
So now you know: Modern Warfare 2 will feature a solid cast full of experienced, talented actors. No superstars, which is actually a good thing. I think having huge names in video games indicates a waste of money; I have never turned off a game because I didn't know who the lead actor was. In fact, I've never turned off a game due to bad voice acting. If I had, I would have played no games produced between 1997 and 2003.
How about you? Can you think of an example of a voice actor really adding to a game? My vote goes to the cast of Grand Theft Auto IV. Those guys actually made a difference in my enjoyment of the game. Big ups.
Modern Warfare 2 will be out on the 360, PS3 and PC on November 10th.