I've written a short playlet about a just announced standalone Metal Track Pack disc that's coming out in October for Rock Band.
The setting is an open field in Springtime. Two people, (You and Me) pass one another while gathering wildflowers.
Me: Dude, I'm so sorry about your face.
You: Why are you sorry about my face?
Me: It's about to get rocked the hell off!
You: What? I like my face! What do you mean?
Me: I mean METAL! 20 tracks of eye-scorching, tongue-smashing heavy, heavy metal are coming to Rock Band. I'm talking Yngwie Malmsteen, Motorhead, Hawkwind, Blue Oyster Cult, Judas Priest and more...
You: Holy craps! When?
You: Don't you mean "Rock-Tober?"
Me: No, actually. I mean October.
You: Where's the track list?
Me: Under the cut. By the way, That's a very nice collection of daisies you have there.
- All That Remains: Two Weeks
- At the Gates: Blinded By Fear
- Black Tide: ShockWave
- Blue Öyster Cult : Transmaniacon MC*
- Bullet For My Valentine: Waking the Demon
- Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet
- Evile: Thrasher
- Godsmack: I Stand Alone
- The Haunted D.O.A.
- Hawkwind Master Of The Universe*
- I Mother Earth Levitate*
- In This Moment Forever
- Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance
- Lacuna Coil Closer
- Lamb of God Laid to Rest
- Motörhead Killed by Death*
- Nazareth Hair of the Dog*
- Queens of the Stone Age 3’s & 7’s
- Rage Against The Machine Bulls On Parade*
- Yngwie Malmsteen Red Devil
The disc will be available October 13, 2009 for the Xbox 360 PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and Wii. The suggested retail price for Rock Band Metal Track Pack is $29.99. All the tracks will eventually find homes as DLC, in case you want to skip Godsmack and get right to Priest.