Capcom is one of those rare companies that has managed to create great games over a long period of time: Over the last 30 years(!) Capcom was responsible for shaping the industry and art form we know and love, but hasn't fallen off: From Mega Man to Resident Evil, Capcom's overall output has been stunning.
If you'd like to look at the company from a broader, historical perspective, you'll need to download the Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded for the PSP and the PS3. The UMD games are (obviously) for the PSP, and the "PlayStation Legacy" games are for PS3. Check out the list:
- Mega Man Powered Up (UMD Legacy)
- Dino Crisis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Powerstone Collection (UMD Legacy)
- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation Legacy)
- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (UMD Legacy)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Capcom Puzzle World (UMD Legacy)
Resident Evil 2, Dino Crisis and Capcom Puzzle World are my personal trio of must-haves from this list.... oh, and Resident Evil 3. That game was awesome too. And I will download these games, too. But I might not play them too much. I don't know about you, but I'll often download games that I feel nostalgic about, then play them for a bit, and realize that sometimes nostalgia should stay in the past. What was once state-of-the-art is now kind of meh, and sometimes you can't re-capture the magic of older games. Know what I mean?