For those PlayStation 3 owners out there who have done, seen and killed everything there is to do, see and kill in Guerilla Games' frenetic FPS Killzone 2, you'll be happy to know that some new multiplayer content is headed your way
July 14 soon, compliments of the upcoming "Napalm and Cordite" DLC pack.
Guerilla Games producer Sebastian Downie posted the following details over at PlayStation Blog:
- Feature - Code support for DLC pack III "Napalm & Cordite." The update will enable players to create games with the newest maps Suljeva Cliffside and Arctower Landing
- Feature - Code support for DLC to allow the additions of the Flamethrower and the Boltgun to multiplayer.
- Trophies New trophies added for DLC pack III "Napalm and Cordite."
- Feature - Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges.
Guerilla Games will also be rolling out Patch 1.28 when it releases his new DLC, and from the looks of the bug-fix list, the developers have gone out of their address quite a few major issues (New loading screens!!). There are actually quite a few tweaks and fixes on the way, so click through to see the full list.
- Feature - Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games.
- Feature - Moderators can now create double-points events.
- Fix for persistent squads now working correctly when users using separate Japanese accounts join Friends.
- New loading screens.
- Moderation – Additional powers and functionality for online moderators.
- Fix for Clan Leader leaving his clan before an active Tournament of Clan Challenge.
- Fix for score replication on different clients.
- Fix for a Clan Challenge results displaying a won/lost games as a ‘Draw’.
- Fix for incorrect Tournament timings being displayed for (semi)-final.
- Fix for an empty message pop-up being displayed.
- High Precision Mode’ now defaulting when requested.
- Fix for stuttering audio on the Asian version.
- Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.
- Fix to reduce network traffic and improve performance.
- Fix for occasionally being displayed an empty background when ‘Join Friend’ via Communications tab.
- Exploit – Pyrrhus Rise map boundary fix.
- Exploit – Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.
- Cosmetic fix for Medic Gun visual effects.
- Cosmetic fix for Search & Retrieve object being cloaked by the Scout.
- Cosmetic fix for Scouts body remaining cloaked after being mortally wounded (i.e. headshot).
- Gameplay – Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.
- Collection of minor code fixes.
What bug fix are you excited about the most?