Cheats and Walkthroughs
Updated: July 10 12:55pm PST
It’s no secret that summertime is a particular slow time for gaming. But it looks as though Microsoft is planning to keep gamers from succumbing to the temptation to get off the couch for a few hours (the nerve!). It’s all part of Microsoft’s “Summer of Arcade” promotion that will include a new game every week and plenty of chances to win prizes such as Microsoft points and even new consoles.
Here’s the breakdown of what Xbox Live subscribers have to look forward to over the coming weeks:
- July 22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 1200 Microsoft Points (Ubisoft Singapore/Ubisoft): Cowabunga dude! Marking the franchise’s 25 anniversary, everyone's favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is back with a brand new look in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled. The arcade classic has been revamped with all new 3D graphics, but the same classic beat 'em up gameplay.
- July 29: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points (Backbone Entertainment/Capcom): One of the most popular fighting games of all time, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, arrives worldwide on Xbox Live Arcade. Choose from 56 legendary characters from Marvel Comics and Capcom history, including Ryu and Wolverine. With online multiplayer over Xbox LIVE and enhanced HD graphics, decide your own dream team in the ultimate tag-team fighting experience.
Click through to see the full list.
- August 5: Splosion Man - 800 Microsoft Points (Twisted Pixel Games/Microsoft): Fools they were, to tread where knowledge should stay forbidden. For what emerged was not a man - it was a Splosion Man. "And all who saw him were sploded, for he was the fire and they were but meat." Able to splode himself at will, the Splosion Man launches his way through levels as an uncontainable force. From Twisted Pixel Games, developer of the award winning The Maw, Splosion Man will keep you on your toes as you play through more than 50 single-player levels and 50 multiplayer levels. Nominated by GameSpy, Gamespot, IGN, and 411mania, this meat-riddled splosion-fest took several Best of E3 awards including Best Platformer and Best Downloadable Game.
- August 12: Trials HD - 1200 Microsoft Points (RedLynx/Microsoft): Nominated for GameSpy’s Best Downloadable Game of E3 award, Trials HD is guaranteed to get our heart racing. Put on your helmet, and rev your way through Trials HD, a full-featured, physics-based motorcycle racing platformer in stunning HD graphics. Tear up more than 50 tracks and test your metal in two unique game modes: Race and Skill. Create, share and download an unlimited number of free tracks with the level editor, and customize your rider to fit your personality.
- August 19: Shadow Complex - 1200 Microsoft Points (Chair Entertainment and Epic Games/Microsoft): Winner of numerous Best of E3 awards including Best Downloadable Game from 1UP, IGN, GameTrailers and G4TV, Shadow Complex is the next evolution in downloadable games. Shadow Complex marries the quality and depth of a full retail title with the stunning visuals of Epic Games’ industry-leading Unreal Engine 3, and a classic side-scroller. Set in the world of Orson Scott Card’s best-selling novel, Empire, Shadow Complex provides more than 10 hours of in-depth gameplay and introduces a compelling universe.
Yeah. Yeah. G4TV was mentioned in association with Microsoft and the Xbox 360, but so were a number of other gaming outlets, so save your breath. Plus, Shadow Complex looks ridiculous, and should be an absolute blast, so if you want to accuse us of anything, then accuse us of favoritism towards potentially enjoyable games.
On that note, which of these upcoming titles are you looking forward to the most?
Update: So Microsoft has amended two of the above release dates. Splosion Man will now be released on July 22, while TMNT: TTRS will now be coming out on August 5.