Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, G4tv.com is proud to present an all-new version of TheFeed! As I’ve been hinting in various comments sprinkled throughout the site in the last week or so, TheFeed has all sorts of features ready to rock your face. The new goodies you’ll be enjoying include:
- A new threaded comment system that lets you reply to and rate other comments
- A sorting system that lets you see comments by “oldest first” and “newest first”
- A new and improved video player to see all your favorite games in motion
- An improved screenshot-gallery system to look at your favorite games when you’re suffering from motion sickness
- Support for Google’s Chrome browser (A lot of you have been asking for this…hell, I’ve been asking for this!)
- Improved stability (Apple, Google, and Mozilla list this as a new feature all the time. TheFeed is going to do this too.)
The feature that I’m most jazzed about is the new comment system. It’s going to be a brilliant way for you to interact with your favorite readers and editors at TheFeed. As I mentioned, you’ll be able to reply to other comments so that you can converse with your fellow readers in an organized and logical manner. You’ll be able to rate comments, helping the cream rise to the top. Stories will show the best comments based on the ratings you provide. You ladies and gentlemen are a big part of what makes TheFeed so much fun and I’m thrilled that you’ll be able to participate in a deeper way.
Since you’ll be an even bigger part of TheFeed, let’s put some faces to your names. Your comments will have your avatar next to them. To add/ change your avatar, go to http://forums.g4tv.com, log in, and edit your picture under “User CP”. If you have any questions on that email the webmaster.
A lot of people have been working super hard to bring you all these great features. Now’s the time to let everyone know what you think of new version of TheFeed (as if you weren’t going to do that already). Leave a comment and share your thoughts with the crew (please)!