Not only is today the day Michael Jackson will be buried (provided no zombification occurs, of course) it's also Bungie Day!
Bungie has alway had a special fondness for the number seven -- check out this compilation of all the sevens in the Bungie-verse and be amazed at the depth of the company's obsession with this digit -- so they've chosen today as Bungie Day. See, it's the seventh day of the seventh month, and that means it's time to celebrate! You might expect that Bungie would want a present from you, but no. Bungie is giving presents on its very special day. Generous.
Here's what you'll be unwrapping:
- Recon Armor: Fire up Halo 3 and get yourself into the Bungie Vs. The World queue for your chance to blast Bungie employees and earn some bitchin' Recon Armor while you're at it. All the best people are wearing this flaming gear--don't miss out! Bungie employees will be playing you on player-created maps, so consider the playing field leveled. Just don't be a dork and sign-out of games that don't feature Bungie employees.
- A first look at Heretic, Citadel, and Longshore maps. Check Bungie's site later today for more info.
- Bungie Pro Video, formerly known as Render-to-Video, is going live today. Again, keep refreshing Bungie's site later today for all the details.
- Bungie Day Podcast: A special podcast, just for you, lucky.
- Roger's Recon Hunt: A chance to win Recon armor without even playing Halo 3! Again, more details later at Bungie's site.
I'm happy there's a bunch of stuff I can do from my desk here at work to help celebrate, but maybe you're fortunate enough to have the day off. Are you planning on celebrating?