Team Xbox has the inside word on what will be included in NBA 2K10 basketball game. In order to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the series, 2K is pulling out all the stops and releasing an amazing product. Here's what you can expect:
- A copy of NBA 2K10 (duh)
- A numbered 2K Sports game storage locker with combination lock that can store up to 20 games,
- An exclusive figurine from McFarlane Toys featuring NBA 2K10 cover athlete and spokesman Kobe Bryant
- A 16"x36" 2K Sports Kobe Bryant poster designed by Shepard Fairey's Studio N° 1
- A NBA 2K10 10th anniversary video that explores the history of the NBA 2K franchise
- Access to the "Gold Room," NBA 2K10's VIP online lobby.
Reportedly, all this can be yours for the relatively low price of $99.99.
Personally, I'm not into "collectors editions" of games. I'm not much of a collector by nature. I keep my lifestyle and home as free of stuff I don't use as possible, and that means don't see much use in gamer swag. (Plus, I get a lot of stuff for free.) But I'm probably in the minority here. I also think the idea of an "exclusive" lobby in a video game is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. What do you think? Is all this stuff worth the extra 40 bucks it will cost you when the game launches?