Today's Tech Review covers the new Palm Pre while Alison Haislip takes a trip down to the Sprint launch party in Hollywood.
Look below the cut for the review from Attack of the Show.
What You Need To Know
- The Palm Pre is thicker and bulkier than most phones but still manageable and extremely light. The shape fits nicely in your hand.
- The touch screen is only 3.1" across but has the same resolution (320 x 480) as the iPhone.
- The swiping and tapping is super responsible, with a nice water ripple effect that lets you know where you touched the screen.
- Multi-touch also works perfectly, with a gesture area below the screen to switch between apps.
- The keyboard is small, a bit sticky and the keys bump up against the edge of the phone. Overall, typing is accurate.
- The Palm Web OS allows users to multitask with each app running on its own "card." It's the most powerful feature on the Palm Pre.
- You can also browse the web, listen to music, and sync to you iTunes like an iPod.
- 3 mega-pixel camera with a flash that takes excellent pictures.
- The Palm app store only has 19 apps available to purchase!
- $200 with a Sprint contract.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5 (how do we rate gadgets?).