Cheats and Walkthroughs
Later this summer, Turbine will be making Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach free with the new "Unlimited" moniker. That isn't all! New features will be added to the newly free-to-play MMO:
- Level cap raised to the natural limit of 20
- New class, and new high and low level adventures
- Play without subscription – no purse strings attached
- Feel every blow with DDO's awesome action combat
- Alone or with friends, slay your way – solo, raids, guilds...
- Premium features for free – hirelings, crafting, auctions...
- Shop 'till they drop at the new DDO Store
It isn't all fun and games, though. First off, European players won't be able to try out the free version. Beyond that, many features will be reserved for DDO VIP's, which will continue to pay $14.99 a month (or less in larger chunks of time). What's the breakdown of these features?
|Feature||DDO VIP||Free Player|
|Turbine Points||500/Month Free||Buy|
|Classes||Free/Unlock||Basic free, pay to unlock Monk and others|
|Races||Free/Unlock||Basic free, pay to unlock Warforged & Drow|
|Geography||All included free||Stormreach & vicinity|
|Adventure Packs||All included free||Some free, can purchase others|
|Character Slots||10||2, can purcahse more|
|Shared Bank Slot||Included free||Can purchase|
|Customer Service||Full||Self-service online|
Are you going to try this game out? Free games are always fun to try, but I wasn't a fan of the game when it came out. Of course, I'm sure it's been greatly improved since I last played the game.