X

ESA: 68% Of U.S. Households Play Video Games

sjohnson
5 Comments

Posted June 5, 2009 - By Stephen Johnson

ESA

The hoopla, hype and excitement of E3 2009 is winding down and that means it's time for some statistics! Are you ready for some red-hot numerical action? Here's the lowdown, straight from the Entertainment Software Association, the company that puts on E3:

  • 68% of American households play computer or video games. (The other 32% are lame).
  • 42% of American homes have a video game console. (But that probably includes dusty 2600s in the basement).
  • Adult gamers have been playing for 12 years on average, a decrease from 2008, an indication that more Americans are picking up video game controllers for the first time.
  • The average game player is 35 years old. Although you wouldn't know from logging onto Xbox Live.
  • 77% of parents believe that the parental controls available in all recent video game consoles are useful. 100% of kids who want to play Grand Theft Auto IV disagree.
  • Almost half of all games sold (45%) are rated 'E' for Everyone by the Entertainment Software Rating Board.
  • 43% of online game players are female. (I do not believe this).

What do you think of these exciting numbers? Does this fit with your view of the video game world, or have your foundations been shaken to the core?

ESA: 68% Of U.S. Households Play Video Games
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696279/esa-68-of-us-households-play-video-games/
http://images.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/147102_S/ESA-.jpg
BlogThread_696279

ADVERTISEMENT

Blog Tags

g4tv.com
  • International Sexy Ladies Show: Messy Cat Fight

    Posted: January 27, 2010

    644,696 Views | 00:49

  • Sara Underwood's Naked Bike Ride

    Posted: June 22, 2011

    1,316,284 Views | 05:20

  • Laser Snake Robots, More Mars Rovers and BigDog Is Back

    Posted: September 25, 2012

    1,290 Views | 03:00

  • NBA 2K13 Launch Trailer

    Posted: October 4, 2012

    5,601 Views | 01:53

  • Casual Vomiting - Web Soup Investigates

    Posted: March 30, 2011

    7,570 Views | 02:52

AdChoices