If you've been looking for new ways to mix up Halo Wars multiplayer, Microsoft has released the "Strategic Options" add-on for 800 Microsoft Points ($10), which adds three new game modes -- Keepaway, Tug of War and Reinforcement.
Microsoft's official descriptions of the new game types:
- Keepaway Mode: This is the Halo Wars adaptation of "Capture the Flag." Teams battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.
- Tug of War Mode: This mode is all about having a stronger army than your opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings, and resources left standing in the end.
- Reinforcement Mode: All active battle units are provided in successive waves. Adapt to their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.
Want to know what the new achievements are, too?
- One and Done: Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.'s
- Pull Hard, Pull Deep: Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
- Freak on a Streak: Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
- Living Loving Bug: Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game
Will you be picking up the "Strategic Options" add-on?