Good news, PlayStation 3 owners. You are no longer second class Fallout 3 citizens. Bethesda has just announced that Fallout 3's downloadable content will be available on the PS3 in the near future...it's about time, eh, folks? "Operation: Anchorage" will be available for download in late June, followed by the release of "The Pitt" and "Broken Steel" a month or so later. Exact release dates haven't been announced.
There are also two new expansions planned for all three Fallout 3 platforms. Here's what you can expect, with Bethesda's own descriptions.
- Point Lookout : "Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content."
- Mothership Zeta: "The aliens have returned, and they’re pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive."
"Point Lookout" will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. It will cost you $9.99. You'll see this DLC in the PlayStation Store after the first three DLCs have been released. "Mothership Zeta" is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC at the same $10 price-point.. It will be available on PS3 after "Point Lookout."
You might think that that was all the Fallout 3 news I could possibly have for you, but you're wrong. There's more: All of the aforementioned extra content and a new edition of the game will be made available on store shelves for people who don't feel like downloading it... at least for the 360 and PC. Here are the new retail releases:
- Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes "The Pitt" and "Operation: Anchorage" on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on May 26.
- The Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes "Broken Steel" and "Point Lookout" on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August.
- A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3,
According to Bethesda, retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 are not possible and the DLC will only be available for download online via PlayStation Network.
Okay, what do you think of the new DLC? The description of "Point Lookout" reveals nothing, except a large swamp, so there's not much to say about it, but how crazy does "Mothership Zeta" sound? Alien abduction is likely to mean some new, outer space monsters and also more ammo for your alien laser gun, thank god. Let me know what you think in our comment section, people!