It's not usually fun getting stuck playing bass in Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but what if you didn't have to? Guitar Hero 5 will not include this rigid band restriction, according to new details revealed on USA Today's Game Hunters blog, and will allow players to be any combination of instruments they desire.
You could be a whole band of drummers, a whole band of guitarists -- or mix and match as you wish. Guitar Hero 5 doesn't care. And as outlined in the original announcement, Guitar Hero 5 also allows for players to dynamically switch their instrument and in-game difficulty on the fly. No more restarting songs because it's too easy or too hard!
Activision and Neversoft also revealed the first exerts from the track list:
- Tom Petty -- "Runnin Down a Dream"
- White Stripes --"Blue Orchid"
- Rolling Stones -- "Sympathy for the Devil"
- Bob Dylan -- "All Along The Watchtower"
- Santana -- "No One To Depend On"
- Vampire Weekend -- "A-Punk"
- Johnny Cash -- "Ring of Fire"
- Kings of Leon -- "Sex on Fire"
- Stevie Wonder -- "Supersition" (keyboard mapped to guitar)
Gamers have already called foul on the inclusion of Dylan's version of "All Along The Watchtower," compared to the clearly far superior Jimi Hendrix.