Every "real" musician who ever told you that playing Guitar Hero for hours is a waste of time has been proven definitively wrong, forever: Legendary rock band Aerosmith is offering the best (well, the most charismatic, anyway) Guitar Hero players in the country the chance to open for the band during its summer tour.
It's all part of a contest, and the contest works like this: Aerosmith fans will choose the most rockin' fake guitar players based on YouTube videos, then, in each city the tour hits, two fake-guitarists will play Guitar Hero: Aerosmith onstage in front of cheering(?) thousands of rockers, before the opening band goes on. And that's not all: Winners will also receive a backstage pass, two tickets to the show, a meeting with the band, probably a t-shirt or two, and a complimentary groupie! (Okay, I'm not telling the truth about the groupie.)
Here's how to enter:
- Make a video of yourself rocking out on Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or playing air guitar with a fake plastic Guitar Hero axe. Make sure you're doing something interesting and good, okay?
- Upload that thing to YouTube, but make sure you tag it right.
- Check out Aerosmith's YouTube channel.
- Re-think your taste in music: Aerosmith are older than your dad!
- Wait to hear word on whether your video is awesome, super-crazy-awesome or awesome-enough-for-frickin'-Aerosmith!
- Explain to your real musician friend that you can't hang out on Saturday because you're opening for Aerosmith while he's practicing his scales in the basement rec-room.
- Bask in the glory of being part of the "non-traditiona/Web 2.0" marketing efforts of a musical group!