This is just a reminder that Left 4 Dead owners can boot up their copies to receive the "Survival Pack", which is free for all owners on the PC and Xbox 360 and will be added via patch.
The pack adds the "Survival Mode", which puts players up against an endless stream of the undead in a single location taken from the game's campaigns (plus one new location), and enables Versus for Dead Air and Death Toll. Our own Abbie Heppe speaks highly of the pack in her preview.
The PC version also sports some patch news, which can be found after the jump.
- New gameplay Mode
- 16 maps including Last Stand
- 7 new achievements
- Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed
- Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated
- Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor
- Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer
- Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key
- Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale
- Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time
- Removed convars related to melee fatigue
- Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map
- Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats
- Add a message when queuing a heartbeat
- Simplified setting of game mode.
- removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode
- added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]
- Added lobby join and leave messages