Killzone 2 will be getting its next patch, bringing the game to version 1.24. The patch will fix exploits and other bugs, as well as add a few new features. It will go live tomorrow and enable play with Japanese players (the game releases there soon) and add DLC support for the upcoming "Steel & Titanium" Pack.
Hardcore players sitting at max rank will be able to climb even higher with three new ranks at 5,000, 10,000, and 100,000 points. The ranks, however, are merely cosmetic and will not unlock anything. The server browser will get a filter to find games of 17 to 24 players and players will be able to join clan members from the server browser.
Additionally, one curious patch note claims:
- Feature - Invite player from friends list.
Could this be the ability to invite players through the XMB or will it require both players to already be in Killzone 2? Guerrilla knows that people are asking for a party system, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards:
"We are working hard on creating features that will make it easier for you to play with your friends online. These features include being able to join the same faction of a friend already in-game directly from the join game menus, manually being able to switch faction during gameplay and making existing squads consistent over multiple rounds; no more need to create a new squad every single round. These features will be coming to a patch near you soon!"
Those features sound great, but the game still needs a party system. You can read the rest of the patch notes after the break.
Killzone 2 Version 1.24 Patch Notes
On April 22nd at 8AM GMT, Guerrilla Games will release the next game update to their hit first-person shooter Killzone 2, exclusive for the Playstation 3. The primary main aim of patch 1.24 is to enable the released versions of the game to play with the Japanese release, due on the 23rd of April 2009. It also enables support for the first DLC pack, Steel and Titanium, available on the Playstation Store from the 30th of April 2009. Finally, we have added three additional ranks to the top-end of the rankings known as 'Hardcore Ranks'. There are additional small improvements on finding and joining friends and clan members, but we will continue to expand on this system with the next update.
Total download size for the patch is 57MB. A full list of fixes and feature updates can be found below:
- AI - Bots now skipping disabled/destroyed MGs in warzone when requesting mounted guns.
- AI - Do not claim waypoints for the previous character when it's dead.
- AI - Fixes bots getting stuck trying to arm/disarm S&D object when mission is already over.
- Campaign - Fix for potential progression bug in Salamun Bridge.
- Clans - User name, not users clan displayed in rankings.
- Clans - Winning 10 Clan Challenges causes the user to become stuck on the medal awards screen.
- Controls - Lean & Peak - Zoom hold on and out of ammo it switches between regular/scope view rapidly.
- Cosmetic - Blue screen tint which indicates scout cloak is occasionally enabled and will remain indefinitely.
- Cosmetic - White squares on the grenade counter merge together when displayed in 1080p.
- Create Game - "Badge Combination" option does not work properly.
- Create Game - Online - "clan only" presets apply even after a player leaves a clan.
- DLC - DLC pack 1 - 'Steel & Titanium' support.
- DLC - New Loading screens advertising the first DLC pack.
- Exploit - Helghan Industries - Player getting out of map fix.
- Exploit - Radec Academy - User is able to gain access to the roof when revived in a specific location.
- Exploit - Reviving player stuck in wall collision can result in him spawning outside level.
- Exploit - Salamun Market - One sided wall allows people to be seen and shot from outside where they cant see or fire out.
- Exploit - Tharsis Depot - Player can get out of the "normal" play area and can get into some sniper/camp spots.
- Feature - Invite player from friends list.
- Feature - Join Clan Member list added.
- Feature - Join Game - 17-24 players filter.
- Feature - MP - Moving while seeing scores after pressing SELECT.
- Feature - The radar/map now has a larger radius.
- Feature - Three additional 'Harcore' Ranks added to the top limits.
- Front-End - Add support to display more than 8 maps when creating a game /challenge/tournament.
- Front-End - Sorting ascending and decending ranks working better in 'Rankings'.
- Front-End - When in a squad, the Valor Trophy is visible in the Squad Tab, however the users rank is not being displayed on top of it.
- Mods - Official tournament to be displayed first followed by custom created tournaments.
- Mods - Additional functionality made avalable to the in-game moderators.
- Network - Server side fix for full games being displayed incorrectly.
- Network - User is unable to use the 'Join Clan Member' tab due to Network Error Code 20002.
- Online - File-synching with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of April.
- Sound - Turret placing sound continues when killed.
- Stability - Crash when synching gamestate after a full mapcycle.
- Stability - Hang on a screen with a blank message window just before a message appears.
- Stability - Reducing the load on the server related to syncing the buddylist.
- Stats - If a clan wins 24 Clan Challenges and goes to the result screen, the medal acquisition screen, which normally displays when you win 25 games, will display.
- Stats - Number of air-support grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
- Stats - Number of spawn-grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
- Stats - User sometimes does not receive 1000 valor award when winning 10 Clan Challenges.
- Text - % character not displayed correctly on the creating game dialogue box after selecting to create game.
- Text - If a client receives an invite from a clan which has a '$' character in the clan name, the recipient will get kicked.
- Text - Italian localization fix.
- Text - Japanese localization fix.
- Tournament - Game decides winner if one of the two teams doesn't spawn in.
- Trophies - Wargod trophy unlocking pre-maturely.
We are continuing to improve the game with updates to existing content and adding new features. If you have any questions regarding the patches or have problems with Killzone 2, please visit Killzone.com for further help.