Even though Ensemble Studios is no more, Robot Entertainment will be making content for the Xbox 360 RTS Halo Wars. The first pack, titled "Strategic Options", will introduce three new game modes and add four new achievements.
The modes are:
- Keepaway Mode: This is the “Halo Wars” adaptation of Capture the Flag. Teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.
- Tug of War Mode: This mode is all about having a stronger army than the opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.
- Reinforcement Mode: All active battle units are provided in successive waves. Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.
The four new achievements will add a total of 100 Gamerpoints and are as follows:
- “One and Done” (30 points): Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.’s
- “Pull Hard, Pull Deep” (20 points): Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
- “Freak on a Streak” (20 points): Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
- “Living Loving Bug” (30 points): Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game
Information on pricing and release date will be forthcoming.