PC sales charts tend to be a familiar thing. You can bet that the top ten will be represented almost entirely by World of WarCraft and The Sims. Apart from that, there are a few wild cards and a high-profile release will usually take the #1 spot for at least a week. After that, it will drop off.
This week, SEGA's Empire: Total War (X-Play Review) won the race, coming in ahead of Wrath of the Lich King and The Sims 2. Remember, this list only accounts for retail copies sold and not digital distribution.
- Empire: Total War / Creative Assembly / $41
- World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King / Blizzard / $39
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $20
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II / Relic / $42
- World Of Warcraft Battle Chest / Blizzard / $40
- World Of Warcraft / Blizzard / $20
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life Exp. Pack / EA Maxis / $20
- Spore / EA Maxis / $50
- Civilization IV / Firaxis / $20
- Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst / Big Fish Games / $20
THQ and Relic's Dawn of War II continues to place in the top ten, which is promising for the overall sales of the game. I'd love for Valve to start releasing Steam numbers, but that isn't very likely. Did you buy any PC games this week? I'm surprised there are still people that don't already own The Sims... who are all these people buying it week after week?