On April 5th, gamers will be able to finally pick up a Nintendo DSi, the third generation of the world's most popular handheld gaming system. Along with an onboard camera, voice recorder and music player, the DSi will launch with a new download service, The DSi Shop. Today Nintendo announced the first DSi Shop games, and I think you will agree, it's a diverse and quirky collection, just as Nintendo releases should be.
Updated: Image Gallery now available for the DSi Shop's launch line-up.
Here's what's on tap:
- WarioWare: Snapped! – This game stars Nintendo contract player Wario. It's a collection of mini-games that employs the DSi's camera. According to Nintendo, Snapped will allow players to "get a peek at Wario's photo album." That's a little frightening.
- Bird & Beans – Using an elastic tongue, players must scramble to collect falling beans. That's a little frightening too.
- Brain Age Express: Math – In this math-focused edition of the popular Brain Age series, players can make their brains smarter with numbers. And training. According to Nintendo, the "Themes" mode lets Nintendo DSi users experiment with images and voice recordings in "fun, unusual ways."
• Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face – This game uses your Nintendo DSi as a prop in a card trick. Draw a face on the touch screen and astound your audience as the face tells them which playing card they picked. Who could have guess the DSi had magical powers?
• Art Style: AQUIA – The newest addition to Art Style series, AQUIA is an underwater puzzle game where a scuba diver tried to reach the ocean floor by matching a series of colored blocks.
See what I mean by diverse?
I'll bet most of you have a DS. But are you going to get a DSi? Are the system's new features enough to inspire you to shell out hard-earned dollars on another Nintendo handheld?