Running concurrently with GDC, the second annual Independent Games Festival held its Mobile awards today and, spoiler alert, the iPhone dominated the event.
Twenty-seven nominees were picked for seven different categories and even though the event was open to all mobile platforms, the iPhone showed up like Miss America at a Girls in Sweatpants pageant.
The winners split a $30,000 pot and all the finalists are showcasing their games at the IFG Mobile pavilion at GDC.
Here are you IFG Mobile winners!
- Best Game: Fieldrunners (Subatomic Studios) - iPhone/iPod Touch
- Innovation in Mobile Game Design: Galcon (Hassey Enterprises) - iPhone/iPod Touch
- Achievement in Art: Fieldrunners (Subatomic Studios) - iPhone/iPod Touch
- Technical Achievement: Real Racing (Firemint) - iPhone/iPod Touch
- Audio Achievement: Zen Bound (Secret Exit) - iPhone/iPod Touch
- The Next Great Mobile Game: Reflection (Team Reflection) - Nintendo DS
- Best iPhone Game: Zen Bound (Secret Exit) - iPhone/iPod Touch