You've seen/read X-Play's review and you've watched Adam's rant on Sessler's Soapbox, but are you ready for more Resident Evil 5 bashing? Depsite the game's early and impressive success, critics and fans alike are polarized on this title. Variety's Ben Fritz recently wrote a blog post on "The five reasons Resident Evil 5 isn't very good". To sum up Fritz' opinion:
- "Resident Evil 5" is not scary
- It's is a mediocre, derivative action game
- The co-op doesn't work very well
- "Resident Evil 5" is old-fashioned
- The racial imagery is disturbing at times
I'm going to wait until the fervor has died down a bit before I touch RE5 again. I want to approach it with a clear mind and I don't want to hear Adam's gravelly voice in my head as I play it. What about you guys? A lot of you seem to disagree with Adam's review. Think he's right? Think he's wrong? How about Mr. Fritz's views? Leave a comment and let me know (please)!