Remember Dell's slick Adamo laptop that I was drooling over at CES 2009? Dell has announced pricing and shipping information for this svelte notebook. Prices start at $1,999 with a global ship date of March 26, 2009. In case you aren't familiar with this baby, here are some specs:
- Processor: IntelCore2 DuoSU9300 (1.2GHz/800MHz FSB/2M L2 Cache)
- Chipset: Intel Mobile 965 Express
- Memory: 2GB DDR3 800MHz
- Graphics: Intel GMX4500
- Storage: 128GB SSD
- Display: 13.4”, 16:9, 720p, Edge to Edge Glass Display
- Ports: 2 USB, 1 USB/eSATA, RJ-45, Headphone, Display Port
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/ Draft-N, Bluetooth 2.0
- OS: Windows Vista Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-bit
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 9.5 x .65 inches
- Weight: 4.0 Pounds
Additionally, Dell claims that Adamo owners will receive a higher level of tech support and access to premium goodies, like a matching bag by Tumi. Some pundits believe that Dell is crazy for kicking off a premium sub-brand during The Great Recession, but GigaOm believes that the laptop's style and Dell's long-term customer loyalty initiatives give it a shot at success. Personally, I'm disappointed by the processor choice as I expect better performance for a product that starts at $1,999.
By the way, Adamo is Latin for "to fall in love with" and has nothing to do with the guy from Battlestar Galactica. Any of you interested in the Adamo? Do you think it's a hot product? Or it just a MacBook Air wannabe?