Those pesky Soviets are out to alter history once again in a post-WWII era. This exclusive trailer for Atari's tactical RTS Codename: Panzers - Cold War flushes out some of the tactical gameplay elements of the game. Hungarian developer Stormregion (Panzer series, Mytran Wars) is well-versed in the fine art of the RTS genre and will be looking to exhibit its latest work when the game launches next week on March 10 for the PC.
The multiplayer and single player demos can be downloaded from the official site here. You can check full specs of the game after the cut.
Codename: Panzers - Cold War Tactics Trailer
• Unique historical setting: the Cold War period provides the chilling backdrop for full-scale fighting and all out war;
• Point of Interest system: teams must occupy structures on the map to gain additional Prestige Points. Depending on the location and type of structures occupied, Prestige Points can then be used to call in special attacks like napalm or helicopter support, or to produce additional units;
• Ultimate Cold War: represents the pinnacle of Cold War era conventional warfare including realistic battles between heavy tanks like the American M103 and the Russian T-10.
• Urban warfare tactics: infantry can employ special urban warfare tactics like building and taking cover, constructing fortifications or tunneling;
• Dynamic weather conditions: the real-time weather conditions affect unit behaviour and limit sight range during combat;
• Free roaming: Immersive environments with free roaming create even more tactical gameplay depth.