So you've been looking for something that can see great distances in the dark for your, uh, little expeditions in the middle of the night. That's why we're reviewing the PathfindIR Night Vision Camera. Don't be coy. You know you want it.
Look below the cut for the written review from Attack of the Show.
What You Need to Know
- This is an add-on for your car, and they include all the parts you'll need for installation
- The camera itself is only 12.5 oz., so it should fit pretty much anywhere
- Fleer recommends installing it in your grill
- There is also an LCD screen that the camera hooks up to; you'd normally mount it on your dash or windshield
- It hooks up to anything with composite video input
- It displays at 320 x 240 resolution, which isn't the best, but we get enough detail
- It also gives you a 36 degree field of view; in comparison, your rear-view mirror is only about 25 degrees
- Brights let you see only about 450', but this is up to 2,000'
- Car makers like BMW already have them pre-installed on some models
- $3,000, plus installation costs
- For larger vehicles, and people that drive a lot at night, it’s totally worth the price tag
- 3 Seals of Approval Out of 5 (how do we rate gadgets?)
- Design: 3.5
- Quality: 4
- Features: 3
- Price: 1.5