Tonic Auction Series is auctioning off an 8GB Apple iPod Nano autographed by Bill Clinton. The proceeds will go to the Gibson Foundation, which "is the administering body for Music Rising Phase II, founded by Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, producer Bob Ezrin and U2's The Edge, to help rebuild Gulf Coast music programs in schools and churches that were destroyed by Hurricane Katrina." According to the eBay listing:
"The popular 42nd President of the United States, Bill Clinton presided over one of the greatest periods of peace and economic well-being in American history and today remains active in the fights against AIDS and global warming. Mr. Clinton has carefully signed his name in black marker at the back near the top of this fittingly Special Edition (PRODUCT) RED iPod. Featuring Mr. Clinton’s playlist, one lucky fan has the chance to own this one-of-a-kind iPod with his favorite tunes!"
The Clinton iPod comes loaded with 11 of his favorite songs. The list includes:
- "Brown Eyed Girl" (Van Morrison)
- "I Get Along Without You Very Well" (Carly Simon)
- "Bahia" (Stan Getz with Charlie Byrd)
- "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (Simon & Garfunkel)
- "Crown Imperial" (“The Presidents Own” U.S. Marine Band)
- "Angel" (Sarah McLachlan)
- "Philadelphia Freedom" (Elton John)
- "English Folk Song Suite" [1-3] (North Texas Wind Symphony)
- "A Song for You" (Willie Nelson)
- "Winds of the Old Days" (Joan Baez)
- "Concierto de Aranjuez" [1-3] (John Williams)
As of this writing, the winning bid is at $751. There's a little less than a week until the auction closes. I love that foundations are using eBay for a worthy cause.
Anyone surprised by any of the songs on Clinton's playlist? Anyone going to submit a bid?