Alison and Kevin have monkeyed with the new ultralight Acer Aspire laptop which is a steal at $650 with its Intel dual-core processor and up to 4 GB of RAM. Find out if it all adds up to a worthy purchase.
Look below the cut for the written review from Attack of the Show.
What You Need to Know
- Thin and light dimensions make it a good size for a portable productivity laptop
- Plastic case might be vulnerable to one good drop
- The touchpad provides pinch and zoom funcionality but it only works OK
- Unfortunately does not use two or three finger scrolling
- Roomy keyboard has slightly stiff action
- PC Mark Vantage test comes it around 2600, the lowest score we've seen for a laptop
- DVDs look great but the native speakers are too quiet
- Is a "get what you pay for" situation as the price seems about right
- 80% (how do we rate gadgets?)