Lionhead Studios has released a Title Update for Fable II, which will fix many issues including some game-breaking bugs that have turned many users away from the Xbox 360 RPG.
The most common bug was the The Ritual/Monk’s Quest that would result in the "Abbott becoming unresponsive if you leave Oakfield before he finishes talking." This has been fixed and is also fixed for game saves that encountered this bug.
For a full list of fixes, click on through to the other side.
- Rescuing Charlie/Rescue My Baby – after rescuing Charlie, you can now able to interact with objects. Will fix saves made when this bug was active.
- Guild Cave chest – resolves any issues with previously inability to retrieve items unlocked from Limited Collector’s Edition, website or Chicken Kickin’ game. If you’ve already hit this bug you should now get your items. If you’ve already hit this bug you should now get your items.
- The Spire (Pt2) – no more issues with ship captain being unresponsive. This will fix saves with this bug active however in order to free the captain you must go to Wescliff, leave the region and then return to it.
- The Hero of Skill (Pirate King) – you’ll no longer get stuck during Hero of Skill quest (Bloodstone). Should prevent the problem and fix if saved in a broken state, in some cases it is necessary to go to reavers mansion and allow his cutscene to play out in order to free up the hero.
- T.O.B.Y./Trouble In Bloodstone – you’ll no longer get stuck during T.O.B.Y. quests (Bloodstone). This problems manifested when a player hit one of the pirate king bugs above and so these may be remedied as above in cases where a save was made in this state – i.e. by returning to Reaver and allowing his cutscene to finish. In some cases this will not work.
- Your child - will no longer be chosen as an assassination target. This will clear the assassination quest if it was saved with your child as the target.
- Furniture Shop in Albion (Bowerstone) will now always have something for sale, it will fix cases were a save has been made in this state.
- Additional unspecified fixes
Did any of these bugs ruin your game? We've had a few unlucky gamers here at the office that fell victim to one or two of them.