With a 1,000,000: 1 dynamic contrast ratio and a $2,700 price tag, Samsung is bringing some serious heat with their new bigscreen HD set. Will the numbers and features add up to a beautiful TV watching experience? We'll tell you in today's Tech Review.
Look below the cut for the written review from Attack of the Show.
What You Need to Know
- It's only about 4" thick, but most of the inputs are on the back rather than the side, meaning you'll probably have to drill holes to wall-mount it
- Samsung always makes these incredibly thin, but this one just isn't as sexy as the last one we saw (the 8 Series)
- With this TV you can watch streams of news feeds from USA Today, like sports, politics, etc.
- You can watch your favorite stocks and see a market breakdown
- Also, there are local daily and weekly weather forecasts
- It doesn't really impede your viewing while it's displayed
- We do wish it was wireless though
- As far as picture quality, the colors are natural, yet the most vivid we've seen
- The 1,000,000: 1 dynamic contrast and LED backlight produce some of the deepest blacks ever
- Even if you don't like the 120 hertz auto smoothing, it works well and really makes image quality stand out
- The 8 Series looked incredible and is by no means outdated, especially now for the price
- Wait for the price to go down on this one
- 89% (how do we rate gadgets?)