For those of you (well, us) that didn't shell out to see The Day the Earth Stood Still this weekend, the trailer for X-Men Origins: Wolverine has been posted on MySpace. Oh, where to begin?...
I suppose the biggest revelation here is the first look at Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson aka Deadpool. Don't worry ladies, his face isn't all hideous yet, as we see him doing some fancy sword work, looking all metro in the process.
Besides that, we are treated to an orgy of new clues such as:
- The Blob (who apparently is meeting Wolverine in a boxing match?)
- Our favorite cajun, Gambit putting Wolverine through a wall and twirling his signature staff.
- Wolverine's love, Silver Fox.
- A look at Wolverine as a child unleashing the bone claws that would one day be covered in indestructible adamantium.
- And finally a yet to be identified glowing lady that is either Emma Frost or Dazzler.
While this has the potential to be a trainwreck, I must say that I liked the on-screen chemistry that I'm seeing between Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth). I'm seeing the film either way, but it's nice to know that there seems to be a solid story behind the out-of-whack cameos and inconsistencies. (As long as we don't see Onslaught and Strife leading the Morlocks in a battle against Alpha Flight and the Power Pack in the Savage Land with Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse looking on from the Shi'ar home planet.)