Ubisoft's new cel-shaded Prince of Persia has gone gold and will be on track for its December 2, 2008 release date. The game will be released for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 and gamers that pre-order the game will apparently receive the Limited Edition for FREE, which includes:
- Collectable Limited Edition packaging
- An exclusive look at the making of Prince of Persia
- A Prima digital mini-strategy guide full of developer's secrets to help players master the year's best action-adventure game
- A digital art book that chronicles the game's journey from concept to winner of Best Artistic Design at E3 2008
- The original soundtrack scored by master composer Inon Zur
- And much more…
Prince of Persia Story Trailer
You can check out the rest of the press release under the break.
PRINCE OF PERSIA GOES GOLD
SAN FRANCISCO – November 21, 2008 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Prince of Persia has gone gold for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and PC. The game will ship December 2, 2008 and has an ESRB of "T” for Teen.
About Prince of Persia
Set in a land rooted in ancient Persian mythology, the Prince finds himself caught in an epic battle between the primal forces of light and darkness: the God of Light, Ormazd versus his brother Ahriman, the destructive God of Darkness. The Prince arrives just in time to witness the destruction of the legendary Tree of Life – an act which threatens to plunge the entire world into eternal darkness. Manifested in the form of the Corruption, a dark substance that physically contaminates the land and the skies, the Prince must partner with Elika, a deadly companion, to heal the world from the evil Corruption.
Prince of Persia will be available at the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $59.99 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3, and $49.99 for the PC.