The EQII saga continues with the launch of the latest expansion EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey. SOE says "The storyline of The Shadow Odyssey allows players to explore uncharted regions in the virtual world of Norrath while experiencing nostalgic areas made famous in the original EverQuest almost 10 years ago," which should have EQII fans excited.
EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey launches today on the PC. Here's the launch trailer and game's full feature set below.
EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey Launch Trailer
- More than 20 new zones, including the new overland zone, Innothule.
- Experience nostalgic EverQuest dungeon themes, such as Najena, Mistmoore and The Sebilisian Empire, and adventure through more than 18 goal-based dungeons, such as Ruins of Guk and Befallen.
- The Achievement Point level cap will be increased to 200 to offer new achievements for class-specific lines.
- A new Dungeon Delving mission system for players to replay content with new and different experiences.
- Five (5) new Heritage Quests with unique rewards being added.
- A new, mysterious group of erudites with powerful new armor and equipment will barter for void shards earned during your encounters.
- Epic tales of the odyssey are told through battles with dozens of new creatures and hundreds of new quests.
- Two new deities have been introduced into Norrath, Rodcet Nife and Anashti Sul.
- Includes Desert of FlamesTM, Kingdom of SkyTM, Echoes of FaydwerTM and Rise of KunarkTM expansion packs, and The Bloodline ChroniclesTM, The Splitpaw SagaTM and The Fallen DynastyTM adventure packs.
- Also includes Legends of NorrathTM strategic online trading card game, digital starter deck and booster pack.