EverQuest, the landmark MMORPG from Sony Online Entertainment, has just seen the release of its 15th expansion pack after almost 10 years of uptime.
The expansion, titled EverQuest Seeds of Destruction, is available now as a digital download from Sony for $39.99 at everquest.com.
What could they still possibly add to this PC MMO? Hit the jump to find out.
EverQuest Seeds of Destruction Feature Set:
- Mercenaries: Player-controlled NPCs are now available and will not only scale to the appropriate level but also think and act for themselves with limited player guidance. Designed for extra support or extra muscle in PvE encounters, mercenary archetypes include a variety of classes from all playable races.
- Level Cap Increase: Players can now achieve level 85 with new high-level item sets, new alternate advancement ability lines and new spells.
- 20 New Zones: Experience reimagined classic content and brand-new realms for adventurers to explore, including the eerie wasteland of the Void, the Battle of Rathe on the Plane of Earth and the ultimate Heart of Darkness in the Plane of Discord.
- Access to All Previous Content: Includes all features and content from the 14 previous expansion packs.
- Legends of Norrath: Includes strategic online trading card game, digital starter deck, booster pack and loot item.
For a 10 year old game, that certainly is a lot of new content. Mercenaries will definitely be a huge change to the PvE gameplay and new levels are always fun.
At this point, it'd be crazy to try and jump into EverQuest for the first time, but subscribers are lucky to have the continued support of Sony over all these years.