Although most people buy laptops for their portability, some people want laptops with screens so big sitting in front of one is like web surfing in IMAX. For those folks, we're reviewing the Toshiba Qosmio G55 in today's tech review.
Look below the cut for the written review from Attack of the Show.
What You Need to Know
- This is actually larger than other 18" laptops at 10.5 lbs. and almost 2" thick
- The laptop has hand gesture control technology
- A fist will move the mouse, or a raised palm will play or pause
- It has an up-converting DVD player and HDMI out
- 4 gigs of RAM
- It scored a 3400 in our PC Mark Vantage tests, and a 2300 in the TV and movies section, which is about 1500 points less than the iBUYPOWER desktop we showed a few days ago with far superior specs
- It can also handle games like Team Fortress 2 with absolutely no problem
- This model is $1,550, but they start at $1,300
- If you need a multimedia laptop, it's at least $500 cheaper than the comparable HPs or Acers
- 88% (how do we rate gadgets?)