Behold, the PC and Macintosh system requirements for the highly anticipated expansion pack, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Ok, it's pretty obvious all of you yearning for this title has already an uber leet hardware waiting, but just in case:
- Windows XP SP3 or Vista SP1
- Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1.5 GHz (up from 800 MHz Intel/AMD). Dual-core recommended.
- RAM: 512 MB/1 GB for Vista, 1/2GB recommended
- Video: GPU with hardware transform and lighting and 32 MB VRAM, 128MB VRAM recommended
- Mac OS X 10.4.11
- PowerPC G5 1.6 GHz or Intel Core Duo
- RAM: 1 GB, up from 512 MB, 2GB recommended
- Video: Hardware transform and lighting, 64 MB VRAM, 128MB recommended
How do these requirements compare to the previous Burning Crusade expansion requirements? Hit the jump to find out.
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade system requirements:
- Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4); Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Duron 800MHz processors
- 512 MB RAM, 1GB recommended
- 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer required
- 933MHz G4/G5 processor, 1.8GHz G5/Intel or better recommended
- 512MB RAM, 1GB DDR RAM is recommended
- NVIDIA or ATI graphics processor with 32MB VRAM, 64MB VRAM recommended
As WoW Insider points out, Windows 2000 OS is no longer as well as G4 Mac Towers. And, before we forget to remind you, Wrath of The Lich King will be only distributed in DVD formats....only. So there you have it, just make sure you're prepared to step into Northrend when the expansion arrives this November 13.