Good news for all you Night Elves, Orcs and Trolls out there: "Wrath of the Lich King", the latest World of Warcraft expansion pack, has a street date. You'll be able to check it out on November 13th in North America, Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Russia. The next day, the expansion hits in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand.
The main innovations to the most successful MMORPG ever: A new class(!): Death Knight. A new continent: Northrend, and a higher level cap: level 80!
The standard edition of will sell for $39.99, and the collector's edition will run you $69.99. It will be available on PC and Mac. Here's the extras you get for that cash:
- The Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, a 208-page book featuring never-before-seen images from the game.
- An exclusive in-game pet: Frosty, the baby frost wyrm.
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, the Wrath of the Lich King intro cinematic with director's commentary, and more
- The official soundtrack CD, containing 21 epic tracks from the game, along with exclusive bonus tracks.
- A mouse pad featuring a map of the newly opened continent of Northrend.
- Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game March of the Legion(TM) starter decks, along with two exclusive cards available only in the Collector's Edition.
We'll see you in the frozen wastes of Northrend, people, and yes, we'll be rocking a baby frost wyrm.