A little bit of news out of yesterday's QuakeCon: id Software designer Tim Willits confirmed that the next Doom game will not be titled Doom 4. Instead, we're looking at Doom followed by a colon followed by a subtitle. This is because they're pretending Doom 3 didn't exist, basically, and following the Doom 2 storyline. Good move!
Here are our suggestions:
- Doom 4: The Legend of Curly's Gold
- Doom 4: The Heretic
- Doom 4: BLOOOW! Ya heard?
- Doom 4: The en-Doomening
- Doom 4: Shooting Monsters and Running Around
- Doom 4: A Decade Late
- Doom 4: Weekend at Bernie's 2
- Doom 4: Doom Nukem Forever
- Doom 4: Super Happy Fast Smash Doom Party (for Wii)
- Doom 4: Doomie, Doomie Down, Doomie, Doom, Down, Down (breaking up is hard to do.)
- Doom 4: Electric Doomaloo
Add your own suggestions below. Be creative. Show your work. Neatness counts.
Doom 4: (whatever) is slated for a 2009 release and will (most likely) be for the PC, PS3 and 360.
Big Download: QuakeCon 2008: Doom IV won't actually be called Doom IV