Jim Lee and his superhero creatin' crew dished out a few details during Comic-Con on their promising MMO title, DC Universe Online. The game published by Sony Online Entertainment is due out sometime next year for the Playstation 3 and PC. Here are some of the things Lee discussed:
- Action-oriented combat will be implemented into the title to nullify several monotonous "grinding" sessions, and super powers will be ready to use from the beginning.
- Ability to create leagues and legions (Justice and Doom!)
- No word yet on subscription fees
- The Dark Knight fans, Christian Bale's reprisal won't be in the game. Lee said that "this game will be the purest form of the DC Universe."
- Loot aesthetics can be modified and will retain the traditional MMO "rare" finds
- Individual hero storylines will be given, but there will be world events where you must fight another player depending on the situation (a player who's in Joker's posse robs a bank and then gets blocked by one of Batman's students...commence the GEEKING OUT!)
Check out the video from last week's E3 after the cut and make sure to stick around for more Comic-Con updates.