You knew the Nintendo Wii was getting a version of survival-horror title Dead Rising, right? Here's more details about the zombie hunting game. Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop, as it's called, will follow a similar story to the original game and features the below list of awesome features:
- Utilizes the same engine as Resident Evil 4 Wii edition.
- New level of interaction - aim and fire guns, swing and throw weapons and shake off zombie attacks with added Wii Remote functionality.
- Huge environment - expansive indoor and outdoor areas of the mall provide a variety of different locations to explore.
- Improved save functionality allows for more seamless gameplay.
- Hoards of enemies on screen at once resulting in non-stop, pulse-pounding action.
- Anything in the mall is at Frank’s disposal.
- Grab environmental objects like umbrellas and benches to use as improvised weapons.
- Snatch items from different stores to use as weapons including golf clubs, lawnmowers, frying pans and more.
- Consume food and drink to revive health.
The most revolutionary change, judging from Capcom's press release, is the addition of a more traditional save-game feature. The other big change isn't mentioned in the release or confirmed, but we're guessing the Wii can't handle the sheer number of zombie hordes the 360 version features, so look for less undead to trouble your time at the Willamette mall.