Get ready for more Diablo III news! As you know, the game was recently announced at Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational in Paris, but there's still more information out there.
Our friends at Shacknews have compiled all of the information gleaned on the floor in Paris and it's definitely worth a read.
We'll give you a few tidbits to get you started here:
- The story takes place 20 years after the events of Diablo II.
- Has been in development for four or five years. Was rebooted after Blizzard North shut down in March 2005.
- Mixes randomized and static maps as in Diablo II.
- Destructible environments, that can also hurt enemies via Havok physics engine.
- Loot is now generated per player. You only see the loot that you can pick up, which Blizzard hopes will create a spirit of cooperation.
- Item slots: helm, shoulders, gloves, body, pants, boots, belt, two rings, amulet.
Check out the rest over at Shacknews.