Warner Bros. just issued a press release about its upcoming film Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins that reveals some major plot points!
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
"In the highly anticipated new installment of The Terminator film franchise, set in post-apocalyptic 2018, Christian Bale stars as John Connor, the man fated to lead the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators. But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they uncover the terrible secret behind the possible annihilation of mankind."
So to summarize, here’s what we’ve learned thus far between this release and other 'net leaks:
- It’s set in 2018.
- The future is altered in part by a dude named Marcus, played by Sam Worthington .
- Christian Bale plays an older John Connor.
- They go up against Skynet.
- Charlotte Gainsbourg will take over as Kate Connor, the Claire Danes role from Rise of the Machines.
- Kyle Reese is set to appear as Anton Yelchin.
Neato, huh? Gosh, I love The Internets!
Cinematical.com: 'Terminator 4' Press Release Reveals Plot Details