The Diablo 3 rumors are really piling up and more fodder is coming from PC Gamer. They are reporting that their next issue will have a "top-secret cover story so huge we had to go to [CENSORED] to get it."
A Blizzard fan site offered the following details that point toward Diablo 3:
- Blizzard held a press event at its studio in early May.
- Blizzard is holding its 2008 Worldwide Invitational from June 28-29.
- StarCraft II was announced at last year's Worldwide Invitational.
- Diablo II shipped in North America on June 29, 2000.
- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction shipped in Europe on June 29, 2001.
Toss in the fact that "[CENSORED]" is probably "Hell" and you're looking at Diablo 3. It isn't confirmed yet, but the evidence just keeps piling up.
We wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard announces D3 at the end of June. Hopefully, it exists and will be playable at BlizzCon 2008 in October.
Shacknews: Rumor: Diablo 3 Announcement Next Month