Dava Tunis, the Judge who presided over the Florida Bar Trial for Jack Thompson has recommended that he be found guilty on 27 of 31 misconduct charges and now the Florida Supreme Court will have to decide his ultimate fate.
Judge Tunis wrote:
After considering the arguments presented by the Florida Bar and the Respondent (Thompson), observing the Respondent's demeanor during the nine-day trial proceedings, and carefully reviewing the record consisting of four volumes of exhibits totaling 1700 pages and approximately 2400 pages of transcribed testimony, the Court finds that the facts, circumstances and evidence presented regarding the Respondent's conduct, supports a finding of guilt as to certain Florida Bar rules...
Most of these misconduct charges come from his crusade against mature videogames, some from other bonehead moves. Hit the jump for a detailed list of the Bar offenses perpetrated by Thompson.
* Knowingly making a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal
* Knowingly disobeying an obligation under the rules of a tribunal
* Communicating the merits of the case with a judge before whom the proceeding is pending
* Using means that have no purpose other than to embarrass, delay or burden a third person
* Engaging in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation
* Engaging in conduct in connection with the practice of law that is prejudicial to the administration of justice, including to knowingly or through callous indifference disparage or humiliate litigants or other lawyers
* Making statements that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to the truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge
And just to show how much of a fool Thompson is, he fired back at the Florida Supreme Court and Tunis, claiming the charges to be false. Here's a hint, Jackie Boy. Don't piss off the people who can end your career just because you got in trouble.
gamepolitics.com: Jack Thompson Guilty on 27 of 31 Misconduct Charges…
Thompson "Recommended" Guilty by Florida Bar Judge
1,269,191 Views | 05:20
595,951 Views | 00:49
1,407,308 Views | 04:33
1,504,880 Views | 03:12
122,072 Views | 01:24