Get your gadget fix three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday right here on TheFeed. Today’s technological marvel is the Alienware Area-51 m15x Laptop. Here’s what Attack of the Show’s tech experts had to say about it…
Alienware Area-51 m15x Laptop
What You Need to Know
- The case design has a much more subtle look, which i like.
- Alienware has their command center which allows you to change all the lights to plenty of colors; this gives it a serious sense of style.
- The touch sensitive buttons are convenient, but don't always work which can get annoying
- The glossy silver finish is nice, but it does collect a lot of dirt and grime from gamer fingers
- It's actually relatively thin and not too heavy
- They offer expandable hard drives up to 320 gigs and a Blu-ray burner that you can swap out while the computer is on
- It's nice to have these options, but you're paying at least $150 extra for it
- It's probably just easier to buy a larger hard drive and not worry about it
- It crushes the competition in processing tests like encoding and Photoshop; you actually will be able to play Crysis
- Gaming is incredibly smooth; 15-20 frames per second on Crysis at 1280x960 with all high settings, which is incredible
- These start at $1,500, but one maxed out with all the best specs will cost you about $4,700
- It can't hurt to customize something for about $2,500
- This is definitely a reasonable price for arguably the best gaming laptop out there
- If you need one, buy this
Are you a friend to the Earth? Then check out GCycle... it's G4's new initiative to try and get you to be a better person and recycle tech stuff!