We've been playing Madden since John Madden's Vibrating Table Football Groove-a-thon in 1972*, and every year has featured a a slew of new features to keep the football fan in you interested. Here's what we can expect in the next iteration of the series, Madden '09:
- More than 85 new features and enhancements,
- Virtual Trainer tutorial mode. Described as: "Utilizing a holographic environment, this mode teaches gamers simple concepts about playing football and how to use the controls in quick, fun and stylized drills"
- The game engine is "continually assessing the player’s performance and will adapt a custom experience to every type of gamer, from newcomer to the veteran Madden NFL player."
- Madden NFL 09 will also feature a "network-inspired broadcast presentation" where Players will "benefit from the authentic football knowledge of an in-booth play-by-play and color commentary team featuring Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond.
- Numerous graphical enhancements have been made, including "realistic weather and grass, sleeker player models and exterior stadium views."
- Online leagues: "Avid Madden NFL fans can now take their rivalries online and compete in leagues with up to 32 teams. Online league play will feature in-depth stat tracking, player trades and a flexible scheduling option."
What features would you like see in Madden?
(*Not a real game.)