We nearly had some Red Rings of Death for realz!
In Little Rock, Arkansas the cause of a horrible house fire has been pinned on the power supply brick of an Xbox 360 console. Luckily, no one was injured in the fire, though property damage estimates are appear to be around $100,000. According to the fire department on the scene said that the brick appeared to have been placed on its side and against the wall, allowing the power supply to overheat and catch fire.
Microsoft is no stranger to flammable power supplies. In 2005, Microsoft initiated a widespread recall of power supplies to their original Xbox console, citing a possible fire hazard as the reason for the recall.
Is a flame war joke in bad taste here, considering the story? Do any of you care?
Reghardware: Xbox 360 burns house down