As we all know, many PS3 games utilize a mandatory hard-drive install to help load times due to the comparatively slow read speed of the Blu-Ray drive.
Microsoft UK sent an email out taking a shot at the PlayStation 3 version of the game:
“I’m sure you’ve all seen the chatter… on the PS3 install time… just a few thoughts on what you could do in this time if you were actually playing the 360 version from the moment you insert the disc..."
- "Steal your first dozen or so cars and test out the improved vehicle handling?
- Check out the cool features on your mobile phone?
- Rack up a 5 Star Wanted Rating?
- Have a blast of your first MP game on Xbox LIVE?
- Ditch the tracksuit chic and buy some new clothes?
- Unlock your first GTA IV Achievement and boost your Gamerscore?
... Or just start downloading a film from Xbox LIVE Video Store to watch later – check out the latest batch of arrivals this weekend!”
Now if only Microsoft would allow developers to assume a hard drive is present and utilize it in their game development... maybe then they could talk.
Next-Gen.biz: MS Trashes GTA IV PS3 Install Time