All kinds of new details have been revealed about Sierra's console port/expansion World in Conflict: Soviet Assault.
The game, which contains all of the PC game World In Conflict and a new civilization (the Russkies), aims to combine elements of strategy, first-person-shooter and action games. It comes out on Sept. 1st for the 360 and PC and September 30th for the PlayStation 3.
Click the tag for the full, official list of features... But here's the big, awesome change for the 360 version: It's voice controlled, so you'll be all, "Computer, nuke those capitalist pig-dogs, then pour me a wodka!"
We'll have a screenshot gallery in two shakes.
- More of the Best Award-Winning Gameplay: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault contains all of the award-winning content from 2007’s World in Conflict PC game, as well as all new single-player and multiplayer action.
- Optimized For The Console Audience: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault has been re-invented with innovative new features, content and controls – all designed with the console gamer in mind. The game is optimized with streamlined interfaces and commands to maximize the gameplay on both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3.
- Real World Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters -- as well as nuclear weapons -- from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.
- Action-Focused Gameplay: The game’s unique design removes base-building, resource gathering and “tech trees” in favor of fast, hard-hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions – much like an FPS – creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.
- Best Strategy Multiplayer on Console: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault’s award-winning multiplayer modes will support head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Tug-of-War and Assault.
- Player Roles: Players will play as Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, and allows for free 3D camera control.
- Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as every object – houses, trees and more -- crumbles under the force of war.
- Accessibility: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault’s design, control scheme and free 3D camera make its action-strategy gameplay accessible to traditional strategy fans as well as fans of other genres, like action and FPS, who are looking for something new.