Get ready to get old-school on the DS and PSP: Arkanoid and Space Invaders, two of the great-grandfathers of videogames, are making triumphant returns to the present-day handhelds.
TAITO has "re-imagined"Space Invaders into the faster-paced and more intense Space Invaders Extreme. It will be extermely available on Nintendo DS and PSP on June 17, 2008.
TAITO is also launching Arkanoid DS, a fresh take on an old-school favorite, exclusively on the Nintendo DS on June 17, 2008.
Click the cut for official feature descriptions for each game!
Features: SPACE INVADERS EXTREME
– New Look: The classic design of the original SPACE INVADERS, now with revamped graphics and new background movies that add to the game’s excitement.
– New Music: Get in the groove with up-beat techno tunes that are synched to gameplay.
– New Mini-Games: Experience varied gameplay with mini-games (Rounds) that are launched mid-game - they add to the fun, and are a good way to rack up points.
– New Twists: Discover exciting twists to the classic game that provide swift, fast-paced game play.
– New Multiplayer Element: Battle against a friend with the all-new multiplayer element, available on both platforms.
Features: ARKANOID DS
– Explore three game modes that offer varied gameplay designed for a wide range of users.
– Compete against others with two or four person multiplayer options to claim the title of ARKANOID DS champion.
– Decorate ARKANOID DS with colorful designs by trading points gained through gameplay for fun backgrounds and icons.
– Rock to an irresistible soundtrack produced by Zuntata, TAITO’s award-winning sound team.
Both cost 20 bucks and are rated E.